Sunday, July 20, 2014
Friday, July 11, 2014
As this is being posted, there are sounds of "campers" packing, luggage carts rolling down the halls, voices calling out to be sure everyone is preparing for the ride home today. It's been a great week of sunrises, storms, sunshine, swimming, birds, biking, boating, swinging, walking, communion with nature, creativity, and so much more!
Thursday, July 10, 2014
Residents of Mallard Run Apartments are having a wonderful time at the Salvation Army's Ladore Lodge and Conference Center located in Wayne County, town of Waymart, Pennsylvania. Reconnecting with nature, making new friends, and engaging in a variety of physical, cultural, and recreational activities recharges internal motivation and reduces daily stress, too!
Wednesday, July 2, 2014
The Silent Auction that will be held in conjunction with the Better Tomorrows MusicFest is starting to take shape and currently auction items include:
- Two (2) oil changes and t-shirts courtesy of LB Smith Ford
- $50 Omaha Steak gift card courtesy of the Danella's
- Two $5 Dunkin Donuts Gift Cards courtesy of D&W
- 12"x12" Initials, Inc. Storage Cube with Movie Night treats courtesy of Barb Willow
- Longaberger ceramic pie baking dish with blue accent courtesy of Woods Family
- One 6-pack of men's work socks courtesy of anonymous donor
- Seasalt Coconut scented 18-ounce jar candle courtesy of C. Peters
- Candy Kitchen 3-box Taffy & Mint tower courtesy of Woods family
- Assorted Soap & Handwash courtesy of S. Danella
- Summer Cooler with Senators jersey, coffee mug, & lollies courtesy of Metro Bank
- Exercise Ball courtesy of Danella Family
- 24-ounce Avon Skin-So-Soft bath oil courtesy of anonymous donor
- 4' inflatable snowman courtesy of anonymous donor
- Twin-size rose and cream crocheted afghan courtesy of Sylvia Horn
- Regal Cinema gift card courtesy of Danella family
- Walmart gift card courtesy of Valerie Woods
Monday, June 2, 2014
We are pleased to announce the Better Tomorrows Summer MusicFest!
Better Tomorrows is a National non-profit social service organization,
providing social programming and case management services to 40,000 individuals across 121 communities
Tuesday, April 1, 2014
Sunday, March 23, 2014
With so much pizza crust mix left over from a food bank distribution, we had to do something creative with that resource and not let it go to waste. Thank you to our volunteers who set tables, mixed sauce, assembled stromboli, served residents, washed dishes, and cleaned up after the event.
Without friendly volunteers, we would not have successful events! Thank you Mallard Run volunteers!